Many of you do not know that Puerto Escondido is a hidden gem in Mexico. The pristine beaches, fancy restaurants, dreamy locations, and vibrant culture are all available for tourists. Yes, it’s true that there are various dreamy locations in Mexico but Puerto Escondido, the beach town holds a special place in everyone’s heart. There’s a reason why this spot is the most favorite of all. In this guide, you’ll be able to find some of the best things to do and all other important information about this town.
Wondering what to do in Puerto Escondido? Well, considering the number of locations, it might be overwhelming for any person to make this choice. However, in this article, you’ll find some of the best things to do.
- Surfing– Puerto is a favorite spot for surfers because of the strong waves that make it ideal for surfing. However, there’s much more to it. There are many places where you can rent a board and take lessons at affordable rates. The town witnesses surfing competitions during particular seasons- it’s what the town is famous for. You can also find a paddleboat on rent.
- Book a tour– No matter whichever beach you go to, you’ll find salespersons or other people who are advertising boat rides for dolphin watching or spotting whales or turtles. There are also advertisements for fishing. It’s good to book a tour with one of these operators as they have comprehensive packages to help you explore marine life. It’s highly recommended to visit Playa Zicatela so that you get some time to make few more tour bookings in this place.
- Release baby turtles– Puerto Escondido is known for releasing conserving turtles. Their aim is to save turtles from the hands of people who eat them. This entire project has a noble motive behind it. Before they give you the turtle, they’ll discuss with you the importance of the project as well as give you instructions on how to release them in the ocean.
- Go for shopping– If you are a shopaholic, head to the Benito Jarez Market where you can find fresh flowers, bright-colored fruits, and a wide range of food stalls full of Oaxacan snacks like fish tacos, and other delectable items. The market is open on all days, however, Wednesdays and Sundays are kept for restocking.
- Swim with bioluminescent planktons– No matter whatever you do, please do not miss out on this adventure! You can find planktons underneath the lagoons and it looks as if the whole lagoon is lighted up with blue and green glitters. You can swim with them. You will find several tour operators having this activity in their itinerary. It’s best to book these packages from before or you can also book on the spot as there are various companies.
- Visit the beaches– If you want to enjoy the beach life, Puerto Escondido is the ideal place for you as is home to some of the pretty beaches. La Punta, Playa Carrizalillo, Bacocho Beach, Playa Zicatela, are few of the favorite beaches in Puerto Escondido.
These are some of the best things to do in Puerto Escondido. However, you should always make your bookings in advance so that you can get the best prices and also enjoy your vacation in the best possible manner. It’s good to read articles, blogs, and browse the internet to get some idea and details about the tour.